Telkom South Africa job vacancy for Specialist Product Portfolio Management
Telkom South Africa job vacancy in Pretoria for Specialist Product Portfolio Management. Checkout latest Telkom South Africa job vacancy 2015 in Pretoria and start your applications today. Apply for Telkom South Africa job vacancy now, find out more below
Telkom is a leading communications services provider in South Africa. Telkom had consolidated operating revenue of R16.2 billion and profit after tax of R773 million as at 2013. This excluded the net curtailment gain which the company made also in 2013.
Telkom Total assets is amounted to over R40 billion and equity attributable to the owners of Telkom to well over R21.5 billion as at January 2014.
Telkom group services and products, including:
- fixed-line retail voice services using PSTN (Public Switched Telephone Network) lines, including ISDN (Integrated Services Digital Network) lines, and the sale of subscription based value-added voice services and calling plans;
- fixed-line customer premises equipment rental and sales services both voice and data needs and these include PABX, Computers, Routers, Modems, Telephone handsets and other ancillary equipment;
- interconnection services, including terminating and transiting traffic from South African mobile operators, as well as from international operators and transiting traffic from mobile to international destinations;
- fixed-line data services, including domestic and international data transmission services, such as point-to-point leased lines, ADSL (Asymmetrical Digital Subscriber Line) services, packet-based services, managed data networking services and internet access and related information technology services
- Data Centre Operations includes e-commerce, application service provider, hosting, data storage, e-mail and security services;
- W-CDMA (Wideband Code Division Multiple Access), a 3G next generation network, including fixed voice services, data services and nomadic voice services;
- mobile communication services, including voice services, data services and handset sales through our mobile brand called Telkom Mobile; and
- other services including directory services, through Trudon (Pty) Ltd, wireless data services, through Swiftnet (Pty) Ltd.
As a leading telecommunications company and with global recognition, Telkom group is accepting application from suitable and qualified individuals for the position below:
Job Title: Specialist Product Portfolio Management (ISP and Broadband)
Business Unit: Chief Operating Officer
Service Organisation: Telkom Business
Division/Section: Product House
Number of Positions: 1
Job Type Classification: Permanent
Location: Town / City Centurion/Pretoria
- Accountable for the Management of the new product development process and/or customer specific solution process in accordance with Telkom’s
- Product Lifecycle Management process, including concept definition through to product/ service launch, as applicable.
- Develop and support strategic business and sales opportunities, including development of new business models and customer specific solutions. R
- esponsible for the financial and market share performance of the product through its complete life cycle in the most effective way that would optimise product performance and customer satisfaction.
- Analyze markets and competitors and develop product portfolio strategies. Tasks include, but are not
limited to targeting, competitive positioning, analysis of external environment, aligning with technology, developing future product/ market roadmaps and coordination of product platform strategies and product line strategies together with relevant stakeholders.
- Define the strategic product portfolio direction and objectives to ensure execution of the business strategy and develop and manage the Product strategy and roadmaps and alignment across business units.
- Support the development of the business plan aligning with the Telkom Business strategy
Business Plan & Business Modeling; Business Acumen; Customer Management; Marketing Management; Financial Management; People Management; Global & Local ICT Industry & Market Trends; ICT New Product; Development; ICT Product Management; ICT Regulatory Environment; Leadership & People Management; ICT Products & Services; Competitive Environment & Analysis; Strategy Techniques & Thinking; Competitor; Analysis; Research Processes & Methodologies
Analytical; Business Acumen; Leadership & People Management; Strategic Analysis & Thinking; Planning & Prioritization; Independence & Decisiveness; Innovation & Creativity; Conceptual Thinking; Interpersonal; Facilitation, Negotiation Techniques; Competitive Analysis; Business Plan Formulation; Communication (oral, presentation, written); Conflict Management & Resolution; Problem Solving; Client Focus; Financial Management; ProjectManagement
ATTITUDES/ LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
Self-starter; Innovative; Adaptability; Assertive; Committed; Customer Focus; Decisive; Integrity; Motivated; People Orientated; Responsible; Thought
Leadership; Emotional Intelligence; Business Orientated; Organizational Leadership; Proactive; Conscientious; Cost conscious; Performance Driven;Professional; Team Player
Please note that these would be advantegeous to have but are not essential for the role: eTOM, ITIL and recognized Project Management qualifications are a distinct advantage. Registration at a professional body, e.g. Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA)
Relevant minimum 3 year degree/ diploma qualification (at least NQF 6) in marketing, engineering, or IT. Relevant post-graduate qualifications will be advantageous.
5+ years operational experience in ICT solutions or related fields in either a product development or management role.
- Valid driver’s license
- Willing to travel (local and international), and work extended hours
- To perform under pressure
Method of Application
Interested and qualified persons should apply online using the apply here button below
[button-green url=”http://telkom.erecruit.co.za/candidateapp/Login” target=”_self” position=”left”]Apply online here[/button-green]