MTV Base Africa recruiting Graduate Social Media Journalist
MTV Base is a 24-hour music and general entertainment channel from Viacom International Media Networks Europe. The channel focuses primarily on music from the world of R’n’B, hiphop, reggae, soul and urban. MTV is Africa’s Number one music channel, viewed in over 1Billion household worldwide
MTV Base Africa recruiting Graduate Social Media Journalist in Africa.
Position: Social Media Journalist
Location: Durban, South Africa
- We’re searching for someone to be the voice of MTV and MTV Base across our social media platforms during the MAMA 2015.
- To show us that you’ve got what it takes, tweet a commentary to either your favourite MTV music video or MTV show.
- We want to see at least five tweets about it, so we can get a taste of your creative style.
- Hashtag every tweet #MTVBreaks and #SM.
To enter you must be:
- Aged between 18 – 26
- Have a valid passport
- Have no Visa restriction for South Africa
- Not already working, professionally in the role
- Able to travel the weekend of 17th – 19th July
To be eligible to participate in the Initiative, entrants must fulfil each of the following criteria:
- Be resident in a country where it is lawful to participate in the Initiative and the Experience in accordance with these Terms (and it is the responsibility of the entrant to ensure that he or she may lawfully participate);
- Have obtained parental consent where relevant;
- Hold an Instagram account;
- Where entrants are not resident in South Africa, hold a valid passport and have the right to travel to and enter South Africa (including but not limited to complying with all requirements necessary for obtaining a visa to enter into South Africa) for the purposes and duration of the Experience;
- Not be an employee or immediate relative of an employee of MTVNA, Viacom International Media Networks Nigeria Limited, Viacom International Inc and/or their respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies or any other person professionally connected with this Initiative.
- Each winner will get the chance to come to the MAMA 2015, work as part of the MTV team, and get an industry mentor.
- You might even see your work on-air! We’ll cover travel to the event, and your accommodation – so make sure you’re available across the weekend of the 18th of July, and that you’ve read all terms and conditions.
Application Closing Date: 17th June, 2015.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
[button-green url=”http://mama.mtv.com/news/work-behind-the-scenes-of-mama-2015/” target=”_self” position=”left”]apply here[/button-green]