MTN Jobs for Senior Engineer Service Operations in Roodepoort
MTN Jobs for Senior Engineer Service Operations. MTN is currently recruiting qualified individuals for the position of Senior Engineer Service Operations. MTN working conditions are very attractive and inspiring. Interested candidates are advised to apply using the instructions below.
Launched in 1994, the MTN Group is a multinational telecommunications group, operating in 21 countries in Africa and the Middle East. As at the end of December 2006, MTN recorded more than 40 million subscribers across its operations.MTN is listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) under the share code MTN and enjoys approximately 37% of market share in South Africa. The company provides voice, data and telemetry offerings and solutions to its 20 million customers in South Africa.
More details of the latest MTN Jobs are shown below:
Job Title: Senior Engineer Service Operations
Responsibilities for MTN Jobs
- To Perform the support and Maintenance function on various SO systems and Applications (Both 2G & 3G).
- To support the SO systems to achieve the Company set Key Performance Indicators (KPI – 99.999% Availability).
- Assist systems planning to implement changes in all new & existing SO systems.
- Maintenance, implementation & Acceptance testing of all upgrades and new systems & Applications in the SO.
- Work with and direct Vendors in supporting and implement changes in the systems.
- Provide second line support to customer services and the service management centre (SMC) on SO Systems.
- Document system configuration and changes in system configuration.
- Treat all systems as mission-critical
- Travel to site for support duties, testing, new installations and upgrades.
- Assist with the Overseeing of Staff and their performance (KPA’s) 11. Assist with the overseeing of all projects assigned by manager
- Ensure all area day-to-day tasks are being completed to the required level
- 13. Assist with annual budgetary procedure
- Ensure the maintaining of all SLA’s
- Document all areas of responsibility & Maintain
- Communicate all faults & planned work through the correct channels
- Keep manager informed of progress of any projects on going and problems that may arise
- Administer the roll out of all software package
- Find ways to more efficiently utilize the existing network.
- Oversee all Departmental Projects to completion.
- Must also be sensitive to all service affecting issues & decisions
- Senior Engineers must be proficient in the ability to oversee Staff & escalate problems where necessary
- Senior Engineers must be proficient in the ability to manage their day-to-day tasks/projects & inform management in urgent scenarios when additional resources are required to ensure deadlines are met.
- Senior Engineers must be proficient in the ability to manage their time accordingly
Requirements for MTN Jobs
- 3 year Degree / Diploma Electrical Engineering / B.Tech / B.Eng / BSC (Engineering/IT) Experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in a 2G/3G GSM/Telecoms environment & Computer Systems.
- At Least 2 years leadership/supervisory experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a area of specialisation; with experience in supervising others Experience working in a medium organization Experience in Solaris/Linux & IP networking.
- Experience working on SO type platforms, Services & Applications (e.g. Mobile Banking, Voicemail, SMS, IBS, EMM, VTU, Postillion, WAP, WIG, IVR, IM, IN, LBS, PTT, SDP & MMS). Experience on Portal Environment & Content Management Systems. Scripting Skills.
Sun Solaris/Unix, Erlang, Java, Linux, Vendor Platform Specific Training, SQL, Project Management, People Management, Technology Management.
Required Competencies for MTN Jobs
- Analytical Thinker – Manages the alignment and execution of tactical activities
- Problem Solver – Assists in solving business challenges but looks to others for advice and guidance
- Operational Value Creator – Executes on innovative commercial practices and identifies areas for continuous improvement Heart – Emotionally Intelligent (20)
- Culture and Change Champion – Role models ethical practices by living the MTN values and vital behaviours for others to follow
- Supportive People Manager – Is self-aware and supports team capability development through opportunity creation for realising potential
- Relationship Manager – Builds relationships with customers and teams to uphold the MTN brand Hands – Results Focused (50)
- Results Achiever – Drives team objectives and contributes to sustainability of results Operationally Astute
Method of Application for MTN Jobs
Interested and qualified candidates for Senior Engineer Service Operations should apply online by following the instructions on the website below: