Disney job vacancy for English Language Teacher in China TEFL (Foreign Trainer)
Use your passion for teaching and compassion for children in a rewarding role with Disney. At Disney English in China, you’ll help children develop a passion for the English language using Disney’s beloved characters and stories. Disney Learning Center employees provide their students with a highly effective learning experience through immersive content and innovative technology. Here, you’ll develop a child-centered, play-based curriculum to implement an exciting educational program that meets the developmental needs of the whole child.
Bring your knowledge of the English language and early childhood teaching experience to Disney English.
Set out on the journey of a lifetime while enriching children’s lives with Disney English. Disney English has grown across China since opening in 2008, by shaping children’s love for learning with Disney’s innovative, award-winning curriculum. Join this dynamic team that provides and engages children the way children learn – through stories, songs, characters and above all – fun!
Job Title: English Language Teacher in China TEFL (Foreign Trainer)
We’re looking for passionate, out-going, native-like speaking English Language Teachers (Foreign Trainers). In this unique opportunity you will discover a new culture, inspire children to learn a new language while growing and developing your own skills in ways you never dreamed.
Become part of the Disney legacy… your journey awaits.
What you need to know:
- Foreign Trainers provide a highly engaging and effective learning experience to children between 3-12 years old through the delivery of innovative and immersive Disney educational content.
- Successful Foreign Trainers have high energy! Delivering curriculum with energy and enthusiasm is a must.
- Our Trainers use immersive learning techniques such as story telling, singing, dialogue and role-playing in combination with formal exercises.
- Foreign Trainers work a 40 hour work week (20-25 contact teaching hours – (up to 30 hours if working with our special summer course) including evening and weekends.
- Measuring progress as well as educational results while providing on-going support and development to the students is required for success.
- Foreign Trainers build strong relationships with parents and keeping them “in-the-know” on their child’s journey.
What you’ll need:
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 12 months teaching experience (post Bachelor’s degree) for major Cities OR a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 24 months work experience (post Bachelor’s degree)
- To be at least 21 years old
- Native English Speaker able to communicate with learners where English is not their first language
- Internationally recognized advanced TEFL or CELTA Qualifications are highly desirable
- A flexible “can do” attitude, a thirst for learning and an adaptable approach to working
- Passion for Disney and for working with young children is essential
What we offer:
- Salaries start at $1,610 USD (10,000 RMB) per month (dependent on qualifications/experience)
- Monthly housing allowance up to $782 USD (up to 4,850 RMB)
- Resettlement allowance of $1,127 USD (7,000 RMB)
- Paid airfare to China and a monthly travel stipend toward return trip
- Three weeks hotel accommodation provided upon arrival in China
- Health, dental, paid sick and vacation time
- Robust academic training including assistance obtaining a TEFL-C certification as well as a Rosetta Stone Mandarin license
- Various Disney discounts* including a limited theme parks admission pass
*Benefits subject to change
Disney will give you the opportunity to learn, grow, teach and lead – apply now!
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online at Disney website using the link below: