British High Commission Job Vacancy for Delivery Manager
Through its extensive network of specialists in the UK, and in British embassies and other diplomatic offices around the world, UKTI offers expertise and contacts. We provide tools for companies which they require to be competitive on the world stage. Apply for the current job vacancy today.
British High Commission: Delivery Manager
Job Field: Government
Role and Responsibilities of this Association Job Vacancy
- Provide leadership to the operational support functions in the Visa Department, including developing staff and management capability,
- Develop regular Head of Mission communications
- Following embedding of workflow changes, assess each function, section by section to enhance performance
- Develop and track business improvement planning incorporating all changes for Pretoria DMC and spokes
- Lead for HR policy, workforce strategy, and planning within Pretoria DMC and spokes, overseeing moderation.
- Supporting the Southern, East and Central African Operations Manager, leading on delivery of appropriate corporate change programmes and policies
- Staff Engagement
- Risk, business assurance, VAC assurance, integrity and audit lead for Pretoria DMC and spokes.
- Business Continuity Planning lead, responsible for ensuring BCP’s are up to date, communicated effectively and tested.
- Health and Safety policy
- Security policy
- Project support to Regional Director
- Knowledge of UKVI Immigration policy and operations essential
- Ability to work under pressure in an environment with ever changing priorities
- Comprehensive IT skills including use of Microsoft Office suite.
- Program and project management skills desirable
Key skills and Competencies
- Changing and improving
- Making effective decisions
- Delivering at pace
- Delivering a quality service
- Fluent command of English and good drafting ability
Method of Application
All applicants must be legally able to work in South Africa with the correct visa/status or work permit.
The British High Commission in Pretoria is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Pretoria are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in South Africa.
Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted.
If you have not heard from us 3 weeks after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Any questions you may have about this position will only be answered during interview, should you be invited.
Employment will be subject to obtaining an appropriate security clearance. Please note that only nationals of the UK, EU countries, USA, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand are likely to meet this requirement. Applicants who hold dual nationality which includes one of the above can be considered.