Amazon Jobs for Senior Software Development Engineer- EC2 Release Reliability Team Amazon
Amazon Jobs for Senior Software Development Engineer- EC2 Release Reliability Team Amazon. Amazon currently seeks to employ the services of a Senior Software Development Engineer. A high level of creativity in software development is required for this position. Interested and qualified candidates are advised to apply.
Amazon.com, Inc. is an American electronic commerce and cloud computing company with headquarters in Seattle, Washington. It is the largest Internet-based retailer in the United States.
More details of the latest Amazon Jobs are as follows:
Position: Software Development Engineer Amazon EC2
Summary of Amazon Jobs
Amazon Development Centre South Africa is looking for passionate, experienced software developers to join us and help to solve a challenging set of problems in space packed full of opportunities. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides Amazon’s developer customers with access to in-the-cloud infrastructure services based on Amazon’s own back-end technology platform, which developers can use to enable virtually any type of business. The Cape Town based Development Center plays a key role in building the Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2).
Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) is the web service that is pioneering cloud computing by providing resizable compute capacity in the cloud. It gives any developer complete control of their computing resources and lets them run on Amazon’s proven computing environment. We are continuing to build the team in order to expand on our feature set and manage our rapidly increasing scale.
The EC2 Release Reliability team is responsible fo.r building tools and systems that will help Control Plane services teams to achieve fast, fully-automated safe deployments. Our vision is to build low-friction, fully automated deployment coordination systems, with self-testing and self-correcting capabilities. To achieve this, we’re building integration testing frameworks, coordination services and infrastructure to make it easier for EC2 engineers to write high-quality code and deploy it quickly and safely.
The ideal candidate will be clearly passionate about the large opportunity that Amazon EC2 presents and about web services in general. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality solutions in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast. If you’re looking to solve problems ranging from efficient resource allocation in the face of imperfect information, building touchless automation to manage millions of machines, or sifting through billion row databases looking for patterns then drop us a line.
Requirements for Amazon Jobs
- Bachelor’s or honor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- 8+ years of industry experience in a software development environment
- Strong customer focus
- Some experience with Ruby, Perl, Java or C/C++
- Some experience with Linux development
- 10+ years of industry experience in a Linux environment.
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience in large scale software systems
- Data Science skills in machine learning or statistical analysis is a plus
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving abilities
- Knowledge of system performance methodologies along with hands on empirical monitoring
- Strong desire to build, sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Excellent written communication and verbal agility are strong assets
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
- Expertise in delivering high-quality, innovative applications
Method of Application for Amazon Jobs
Interested and qualified candidates for Senior Software Development Engineer should apply online by following the instructions on the website below: