AECOM Job Vacancy for Scheduler (Cape Town)
AECOM partners with various communities, clients etc globally with a set objective to develop and implement innovative solutions to the world’s most complex challenges. Professionals are currently needed to join our team in making sure that our set objective is achieved.
Location: Cape Town
Job Field: Construction
Roles and Responsibilities of this AECOM Job Vacancy
- May include but not limited to the following
- Create, maintain, and monitor progress of construction project schedules for approval by the planner.
- Creates progress reports against the schedule
- Provides summary level dashboards and/or other special reports to the planner • Develops and maintains progress metrics of the key contractor performance indicators
- Compiles information for the contractors procurement schedule to update the schedule
- Maintains communication with site supervision staff to verify schedule progress and productivity of the contractors schedule
- Provides basic baseline target schedules, fiscal year schedules, and program schedules.
- Prepare basic reports (i.e. monthly status).
- Resolves basic scheduling conflicts.
- Provides support to upper level Schedulers.
- Implements and follows the Company Quality Management System procedures.
- National certificate with 3 years’ experience in the built environment, preferably site based construction. Proficient in use of Primavera V6.7 (and future versions)
- Minimum 3 plus years of related experience.
- 3+ years in a construction based role
- Working knowledge of Primavera Project Planner (P6 v8.3)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project (2013)
- Strong computer skills (Excel/Word)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to set priorities and meet critical time deadlines
- Must be able to liaise with project teams and contractor’s staff
Key skills and Competencies
- Ability to communicate effectively and constructively in a multi discipline contractual environment.
- Ability to maintain composure under intense deadline driven environment
- Ability to multi-task