AECOM Job Vacancy for Project Manager
AECOM partners with various communities, clients etc globally with a set objective to develop and implement innovative solutions to the world’s most complex challenges. Professionals are currently needed to join our team in making sure that our set objective is achieved.
AECOM: Project Manager
Location: Cape Town
Job Field: Web design / Programming
Roles and Responsibilities of this AECOM Job Vacancy
- One-on-one liaison with beneficiaries to complete their subsidy application/handover and transfer documentation;
- Manual and electronic update of beneficiary information onto the AECOM Housing Management System;
- Batching and Submission of application forms to Department of Human Settlements or any other competent authority;
- Tracking and updating progress and notifying outcomes accordingly;
- Filing, photo-copying, interpretation of layout plans and preparation and distribution of invitation letters;
- In addition, it shall be required that the incumbent be willing to travel and to conduct Marketing Workshop Presentation to groups of beneficiaries in a controlled environment;
- The incumbent should furthermore be eligible to apply for Certification as a Commissioner of Oaths with the Department of Justice and Constitutional Development and perform such duties at either of the marketing offices where deployment is confirmed or delegated;
- We seek a vibrant team player with a diplomatic approach to resolving sometimes tense engagements with beneficiary communities.
- Supervision and training of Project Officers in efficient usage of Housing Management System, inclusive of ensuring that targets are met and tasks completed to the required standard and timeframe.
- Co-ordinate, purchasing and delivery of petties, postage, stationary, equipment and groceries for site offices.
- Monitor progress achieved on HSS-Online Subsidy System Portal and arrange that Project Officers update their projects regularly to ensure available project status information remains current.
- Conduct monthly audits, resolve queries and apply change management to Housing Management System.
- Stakeholder Engagement / Community Facilitation.
- Quality control to ISO 9001 standards relevant to all Marketing Documentation.
- Managed telephonic, mail and walk-in beneficiary and client enquiries.
- Electronic and Manual capturing of subsidy application forms and related transfer documentation.
- Accurate Record-keeping and liaison with client representatives/attorneys.
- Generate monthly Progress Reports and meet monthly delivery targets as per the business unit requirements.
- Administrative functions, inclusive of filing, photo-copying, batching of document sets, submission and tracking of documentation to client representatives, generating and arrange distribution of invitation letter, completion of documentation and affidavits, drafting and distribution of minutes.
- Co-ordinate housing allocations and document set generation to ensure Project Officers are equipped to efficiently manage house handing over operations.
- Manage logistics at Workshop venues and conduct Presentations to groups of beneficiaries.
- Serves as linkage between Project Managers and Project Officers and ensure that work duties are co-ordinated.
- Supervises the Project Officers to expediently complete their assigned duties and provides insight into project succession planning and workload delegation.
- Provides training to Project Officers on utilisation of Housing Management System.
- Establish and arranges resources for Field or Mobile Offices.
- Provides System Administration input by amending/updating system templates and auditing accuracy of progress reports.
- Co-ordinate and ensure project files are updated and maintained to meet auditing requirements.
- Co-ordinate and determine project requirement in consultation with Project Manager or PMO, viz. scope of work, budget, the intended marketing process, resource deployment.
- Obtain HSS-Online approval records and delegate uploading of updated information to Project Officers.
- Implement instructions issued by Project Managers, in lieu of client recommendation(s).
- Develops performance promises for all Team Members and conducts midyear and annual reviews.
- Ensures that all Human Resources policies and procedures are observed.
- Management of customer escalations and complaints.
- Provides input and participates in calibration sessions.
- Monitors absenteeism and adherence.
- Ensure sub-ordinate staff time sheets are accurately completed and timeously submitted.
- Compile overall Marketing Program, inclusive of content of presentations and format of templates for all marketing documentation.
- Co-ordinates orders and distribution of PPE.
- Provides oversight into sub-ordinates co-ordinating Workshop Presentations, Allocations and Visual site inspections with beneficiaries.
- Reviews current reporting tools and suggests improvements to meet the Management Information requirements of the organisation.
- National Diploma / Degree in relevant field
- Generalist Office / Administrative related qualification and/or experience.
- Computer Literacy in Microsoft Windows packages, inclusive of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Power-point, MS Outlook, Oracle.
- Eligibility to register as a Commissioner of Oaths.
- Recommended Train-the-trainer course.
- Recommended Qualification in Conveyancing.
- Recommended studies towards achieving Project Management accreditation, viz. CAPM
- Minimum 5 years experience.
- Prior exposure to housing and built-environment is advantageous.
- Effective communication and people’s management skills/experience advantages.
- Effective time-management with a flair for confidentiality and integrity displayed in engagement with others.
- Customer and Client focussed ability demonstrated in prior roles.
- Supervisory experience.
- Ability to train and impart knowledge on Housing Management System and Subsidy
- Administration system(s)
Key skills and Competencies
- Multi-functional and competent Administrator.
- High levels of diplomacy.
- Ability to compile and conduct Workshop Presentation(s).
- Emphatic Listening Skills and the Ability to liaise efficiently with role-players.
- Must be a team player.
- Knowledge of Housing Delivery Programs and Policies with some exposure to build-environment.
- Language proficiency: English and Afrikaans OR Xhosa.
- Valid Code 08 driver’s license with own transport and willingness to travel to site(s).
- Ability to read and interpret plans.