AECOM Job Vacancy for Design & Permitting Manager
AECOM partners with various communities, clients etc globally with a set objective to develop and implement innovative solutions to the world’s most complex challenges. Professionals are currently needed to join our team in making sure that our set objective is achieved.
AECOM: Design & Permitting Manager
Job Field: Construction
Roles and Responsibilities of this AECOM Job Vacancy
a. General Design and Permitting Management
- Manage 3rd parties design consultants to deliver the design documents and permits on time, in good quality and within the budget
- Specifying scope of design consultants, delivery timelines, preparing specifications and design requirements, design coordination, design standardisation and preparation of templates.
- Drafting design contracts, contract and risk analysis. Design contracts administration.
- Identifying technical and HSSE risks and implementing mitigation strategies, monitoring the projects design as part of the project programme, monitoring QA/QC and HSSE performance,
- Apply and manage as required all Client’s Design Management and Engineering Common Processes and Systems (Contracts, Design Change Orders, Communication, Bulletins, Work plan Reporting etc.)
b. Innovation and Value Improvement
- To lead Value Engineering initiatives to deliver improvements in Life Cycle cost savings, HSSE Quality, Sustainability and other key areas for the Client.
- To manage lessons learned with the PMs and supply chain and to deliver improvements to design documentation based on the feedback.
- To manage the technical TCO Value Improvement innovation.
- To provide design assurance for any procurement bids:
- Determine design parameters and performance specs.
- Assist in determining scope of works.
- Review bidder submittals.
- Participate in supplier scoring and final recommendations.
- Complete/Assist in preparing TCOs.
- To lead/participate as required on the TCO business case documentation on AECOM/Client Initiatives.
- Organize and participate in peer assists and knowledge exchange initiatives with other stakeholders to enhance effectiveness of delivery.
c. Permitting Process Management
- Setting up permitting strategy and programme with design consultants;
- Identify areas where legal advice may be required,
- Overviewing design consultant activities on a regular basis,
- Liaising with Authorities and utility providers when required,
- Flag up any issues that may influence timely receipt of permits as early as possible in the process in order to support the Client in mitigation of internal stakeholder demands.
d. Leadership in design safety
Ensures safety in design is an integral part of overall design process.
e. Design Accountability
- Will provide Client with internal design expertise and access to other AECOM resources.
- Act as focal point for related technical queries from AECOM/Client, assist in resolution of related technical issues.
- Communicate all technical activities/changes/updates. Collect and disseminate related external industry information.
- Degree in Architecture or Engineering or similar qualifications
- Knowledge of South African design standards
- Expertise in delivering permits in South African
- Knowledge of South African legislation
- Previous experience with retail fuel upgrades or shop fit outs would be an advantage.
- Client Focus
- Openness to Change and Innovation
- Technical Expertise in Design/Construction/Permitting
- Knowledge Sharing and Problem Solving Ability
- General Computer Office Software, ACAD, driving license
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Design background
- 5+ years Petrochem knowledge/experience