AECOM Job Vacancy for Business Line Leader Ground Engineering, Africa
AECOM partners with various communities, clients etc globally with a set objective to develop and implement innovative solutions to the world’s most complex challenges. Professionals are currently needed to join our team in making sure that our set objective is achieved.
AECOM: Business Line Leader Ground Engineering, Africa
Job Field: Engineering & Mining
Roles and Responsibilities of this AECOM Job Vacancy
- Responsible for growth of the Geotechnical team (approximately 15 staff in South Africa) and business throughout South Africa and growth of the Geotechnical business in Africa
- Responsible for the team management planning, organizing, controlling, reporting and leading.
- Develops operating and growth plans including staffing.
- Determines workload for their team, including short, medium and long term business goals and objectives.
- Maintains effective communication within the team and with clients.
- Identifies, analyzes and addresses the root causes of both personnel and project issues.
- Tracks and reports on the team’s monthly financial performance, sales and backlog; may analyze and recommend corrective actions.
- Prepares monthly financial reports and attend status meetings.
- Reviews and submits for approval the team’s expenditures, including conference and professional activity approval requests.
- Assists with the annual budget planning process, including development and projections of team’s metrics and requirements for growth.
- Performs administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing rules, and making decisions about the purchase of materials or services.
- May develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the technical work performed in the business line.
- Adheres to AECOM processes and procedures.
- Interacts with other Ground Engineering teams within AECOM and especially within EMEA.
Business Development / Client Management
- Prepares and implements business development programs.
- Leads business development activities, including planning, scheduling, client relations, marketing, proposal preparation, and presentations.
- Maintains professional relations and contacts with clients, peers and competitors.
- Presents and explains proposals, reports, and findings to clients.
- Manages commercial aspects of larger bids.
- Consults or negotiates with clients to prepare project specifications.
- Assists with the preparation of marketing materials.
- Plans, coordinates, develops, and monitors projects to completion.
- Works with multiple teams to pursue, manage and deliver projects.
- Establishes, promotes, and assures quality on all projects and work performance.
- Proactively monitors projects to identify and address financial, safety and liability issues, as well as to ensure completion on schedule.
- Identifies when project requirements exceed available technical skills or manpower capacity and develops plan of action with next level management to seek help from other work units, hire new staff, and/or subcontract work, etc.
- Closely monitors and manages the team’s weekly sold time and direct labor to ensure goals are met.
- May review and recommend or approve contracts and cost estimates.
- Maintains Quality systems.
- Interfaces and manages both in-house, and subcontract staff.
- Selects and hires staff.
- Monitors performance of staff and provides mentoring and constructive feedback.
- Conducts team meetings and evaluates work performance of staff.
- Ensures staff meets safety and other AECOM mandated training requirements.
- Provides staff evaluations and development plans.
- Grows technical excellence within the Business Line.
- May serve as a technical expert for the team.
- Development and planning of site investigations to include project relevant data collection, sampling, profiling and logging.
- Appreciation of problematic soils and ground improvement techniques.
- Assessment and evaluation of data.
- Design of various Geotechnical elements including foundations, piling, retaining walls, rock slopes, soil slopes and underground excavations.
- Preparation and/or peer review of comprehensive reports.
- Office environment.
- Work site visit.
- Degree in Civil Engineering (Specialisation in Geotechnical Engineering) or Geotechnical Engineering.
- Minimum of 10-15 years of relevant experience in the field of ground engineering
- Experience of managing a staff of greater than 10 would be an advantage.
- Experience within the consulting field.