AECOM Job Vacancy for Associate Engineer : Highways and Bridges
AECOM partners with various communities, clients etc globally with a set objective to develop and implement innovative solutions to the world’s most complex challenges. Professionals are currently needed to join our team in making sure that our set objective is achieved.
AECOM: Associate Engineer : Highways and Bridges
Location: Western Cape
Job Field: Engineering & Mining
Roles and Responsibilities of this AECOM Job Vacancy
- Project management;
- Undertake projects adhering to a quality management system and ensure the they are executed to high technical standards and within budgets and programme;
- Responsible for financial management, administration and control of projects;
- Provide essential technical design and management support to the team;
- Guide and mentor junior subordinate staff;
- Conceptual and detailed design of roads projects;
- Preparation/checking of contract documentation and bills of quantities;
- Administration of construction contracts;
- Ad-hoc site supervision;
- Complete any other work related to projects within the department;
- Staff development and management,
- Business development, and
- Lead tender or proposal activities to obtain work and/or supply inputs on road design discipline for large tenders.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience within a Consulting Engineering environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Professionally registered with the Engineering Council of South Africa.
- Experience with SANRAL and Western Cape Government roads projects and clients.
- Good understanding of the transportation industry
- 15 years’ experience within a Consulting Engineering environment.
- Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Project Management accreditation (e.g. PMP or Pr. CPM)
Key skills and Competencies
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong business and networking skills.
- Committed individual;
- Motivated and disciplined.
- Enthusiastic team player.
- Ability to multi-task – work on several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to plan, lead and execute work independently;
- Ability to work, lead and/or support a professional team in a multi-disciplinary environment.