The Lagos State government under the administration of the APC lead governor Akinwunmi Ambode has commenced online registration of jobless people in the State. The online registration is to enable it develop appropriate intervention programmes for the unemployed youths in the state.
The exercise, under the auspices of the Ministry of Wealth Creation and Employment, will also provide data and profiles of jobless youths, with a view to training and empower them.
- Initiate, formulate, execute, evaluate policies, set and regulate standards for all wealth creation and employment related matters in the State, to create value-chain systems.
- Establishment of Job Registration Centres and promotion of Labour Exchange Programmes in each of the Five (5) Divisions of Lagos State.
- Collation of data and statistics on employment and wealth creation matters in both the public and private sectors.
- Liaise with relevant MDAs such as Ministries of Commerce, Industry and Cooperatives, Agriculture, WAPA, Works and Infrastructure and Establishments, Training & Pensions in attaining the set objectives of the Ministry.
- Facilitate the transformation of the informal sector to the formal sector including registration and supervision.
- Promote traditional and social entrepreneurship.
- Facilitate business and management extension services and consultancy to SMEs, Craftsmen, tradesmen and Artisans.
- Facilitate skill acquisition for graduates and upgrade the skills of artisans for employability and promotion of entrepreneurship.
- Ensure broad-based capacity building, sensitization and enlightenment for prospective Stakeholders.
- Develop inclusive and sustainable Partnership initiatives with relevant stakeholders,(e.g Community Based Organizations, Legislative arm of Government, Development Partners, Organized Private Sector.
- Engage the Board of Trustees of the State Employment Trust Fund (ETF) on promoting wealth creation and employment.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the Governor.
During registration, residents will be expected to provide pertinent information, including education level and skills.
Unemployed youths are advised to register online athttp://wealthcreation.lagosstate.gov.ng/employment-registrationlagos.